Theory: efficacy and mechanism of action of supplements with raspberry ketone
The integration of ketones with raspberry ketone is recommended (by the company that markets it) in the performance of slimming diets as fat-burners and in the NON-pharmacological treatment of oily-inelastic skin and baldness.
According to the American doctor Dr. Mehmed Oz, raspberry ketone is able to reduce adipose tissue by virtue of the overall metabolic increase of the organism, which is the mechanism that lies at the basis of all other thermogenic supplements.
Some studies have observed the metabolic effects of raspberry ketone both on the guinea pig and on humans raspberry ketone plus reviews; the researchers therefore highlighted a correlation between raspberry ketone intake and:
- Increase in adiponectin (raspberry ketone plus review increases both lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes; Anti-obese action of raspberry ketone – PUBMED)
- Increase in norepinephrine (catecholamine – hormone that also promotes lipolysis)
- Skin elasticity increase (Effect of topical application of raspberry ketone on dermal production of insulin-like growth factor-I in mice and on hair growth and skin elasticity in humans – PUBMED).
- Stimulation of hair growth in subjects affected by alopecia.
- It was therefore hypothesized that, in addition to promoting weight loss, the hormonal impact of raspberry ketone could significantly benefit even those with reduced glucose tolerance (including type 2 diabetes) or metabolic alterations of various kinds.
- Ultimately, it is possible that the raspberry ketone supplement, inserted in the context of a low-calorie diet, can facilitate the reduction of adipose tissue, therefore generalized weight loss.
Method of use and side effects of raspberry ketone plus review?
At the moment there is not enough information to be able to establish a maximum intake dose; it is true that it is a food supplement and not a drug, however, by acting in a stimulating way on catecholamines (in a similar way to capsicin, synephrine, caffeine, etc.) it is possible that excessive doses of raspberry ketone induce nervousness, alterations sleep and all the side effects associated with the abuse of thermogenic supplements (which are significantly aggravated by the “questionable” low-carb low-calorie diets).
Dosages of around 200mg / day of raspberry ketone supplements (not pure ketones!), Split into two 100mg intakes could be effective and considered safe.