Homemade facial masks are an excellent and effective natural remedy for getting rid of acne and alleviating acne scars. They are made using a variety of natural ingredients. These ingredients not only nourish but also eliminate acne related problems.
Why homemade DIY masks are the best facial masks for acne
Homemade acne removal masks cost pennies on a dollar when compared to costly commercially manufactured products
Made from natural un-harmful ingredients
Are the best facial masks for removal of acne because they neither contain chemicals nor preservatives that are detrimental to the skin.
Equally as relaxing and effective as commercially-produced facial masks
Apart from being relaxing, homemade masks for acne are deal with a variety of other skin issues that make the skin dull-looking.
Convenient and time saving
Most ingredients used to make these masks are easily accessible and probably already available in your kitchen. Additionally, no time is wasted going to the spa. You simply whip the ingredients together and you are good to go!
Are there any potential setbacks
- They spoil quickly so can seldom be stored for future use
- Homemade facial masks easily irritate sensitive skin like rosacea and eczema.
Step by Step Guidelines on an effective homemade skin care regimen that includes homemade facial masks for acne removal
Always start with Cleansing; Natural homemade cleansers come in handy in effectively removing impurities that accumulate on the skin surface such as dirt, grease, make up and bacteria. Effectively removing such impurities prevents clogged pores that cause acne breakouts. Here are some ideal homemade cleansing concoctions that work;
Milk cleanser-a milk bath is appropriate and effective for every skin type. Simply dip a cotton ball in milk and gently wipe it thoroughly over the entire face.
Yoghurt cleanser-yoghurt has antifungal and anti-bacterial properties that even out the PH of the skin
If your skin is extremely acne prone it is advisable to follow-up with toning using Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera not only has incredible skin healing properties but also sooths and reinvigorates damaged skin riddled with acne.
Conclude the regimen with a natural homemade facial mask. Here are amazing benefits of homemade facial masks for acne
Homemade facial masks Brighten skin, tone skin, unclog blocked pores, exfoliate and smoothen skin that has been damaged by acne
For effectiveness, it is advisable to consistently adhere to a regimen and do it at least twice a week. Here are 3 great DIY homemade facial masks that treat and remedy damaged skin riddled with acne.
Apple Cider Vinegar Face Mask that can also serve as a facial scrub
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar
How Ingredients benefit the skin and help in acne removal
Honey hydrates skin and makes it smooth by preserving moisture. Additionally, honey also boosts skin cell renewal. Honey is extremely beneficial for acne prone skin because it has both anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. Honey’s inflammatory nature helps counter redness and swelling caused by pimples and acne. For best results, it is advisable to use raw organic honey rather than processed honey. This is because processed honey can severely irritate skin.
Apple cider vinegar contains alpha hydroxyl acids that not only dissolve dead skin cells but also unclog blocked skin pores reducing the further occurrence of acne.
Green tea is rich in antioxidants which remove harmful free radicals and help maintain a flawless, bright and smooth skin. Furthermore, green tea has anti-inflammatory properties.
Sugar helps thicken and add consistency to the facial mask
Mix together a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of cooled green tea and 5 teaspoons of sugar and add a teaspoon of honey. Stir thoroughly and add sugar until you attain the consistency you desire. Use a cotton bud to spread the mask evenly on your face. Massage gently for a few minutes and then leave it on for about 10 minutes. The massage removes dead skin cells and also improves circulation.
Oatmeal, milk and banana acne removal facial mask
This facial mask is especially important for skin nourishment and reducing skin inflammation
How these ingredients benefit the skin and aid in acne removal
Bananas are rich in potassium which comes in handy in healing skin blemishes. Additionally, bananas are powerful antioxidants rich in vitamin C which helps lock in moisture in the skin. Vitamin C eradicates free radicals which accelerate skin aging particularly wrinkle formation.
Milk on the other hand is rich in lactic acid which helps smoothen, soften and even out any dark spots on the skin. Milk also hydrates the skin and boosts collagen production. Collagen helps to renew and repair skin cells. It also makes the skin firmer and increases the skin smoothness and softness.
Oatmeal soothes the skin by reducing redness and swelling that is caused by acne. Adding a little honey boosts this masks effectiveness.
Start by mashing up the banana into a pulp. Add in all the ingredients and mix thoroughly
Tips on using this amazing homemade facial mask fir acne removal
- Always use a ripe banana. If your skin is extremely oily the add skim milk. On the other hand if your skin is very dry add creamy milk.
- Banana stains are stubborn, therefore; consider wearing something you don’t mind getting stained.
Baking Soda Mask
The baking soda treatment is absolutely spot on when it comes to pimple removal and getting rid of acne skin and acne scars.
You only require 2 table spoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of water.
How does baking soda aid in the removal of acne and acne scars?
- Baking soda is effective in acne treatments because it is amphoteric; this simply means it has both acidic and basic properties. This helps in balancing the skin PH. PH imbalance is a main cause of acne.
- Baking soda is also effective because it comes in handy in eliminating excess oil from skin. Excess oil causes breakouts and blackheads. The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that baking soda has significantly reduces the size of pimples.
- The gritty paste that forms when baking soda is mixed with water gets rid of dead skin cells and exfoliates the skin. Additionally, it also helps to gently scarp off scar tissue and cleanse skin pores to help prevent further scars and blemishes. Cleansing skin pores also assists in the regeneration of younger undamaged new skin cells.
Effective Tips that will ensure you gain maximally from using homemade facial masks for acne
- Know your skin type to ensure you only use ingredients that are appropriate for it. For instance if your skin is extremely dry you will benefit from ingredients that help lock in the moisture.
- To ensure that the ingredients of a particular face mask do not irritate your skin; try out the mask on a small section of your skin. If it gets irritated, it is an indication that the face mask is inappropriate for you.
- If you have sensitive skin or a preexisting skin condition such as eczema and rosacea it is advisable to seek the advice of a dermatologist before trying out homemade skin care.
- Consistency is key when it comes to homemade skin care regimens particularly when dealing with homemade facial masks for acne. Once you find what works for your skin, stick to it.
Homemade skin care is a great alternative to commercially-produced products when it comes to acne removal and getting rid of acne scars and blemishes. Some of the best facial masks for acne are those you can simply make at home using easily accessible ingredients that have no detrimental side effects.