How to confirm Nerventrax the diagnosis
The diagnosis of diabetic neuropathy is made by the endocrinologist and is based on the signs and symptoms presented and the history of the disease. In addition, the doctor must perform a physical examination to check the strength and muscle tone, test the tendon reflex and analyze the sensitivity to touch and changes in temperature, such as cold and heat.
The doctor may also perform or order specific tests to confirm the diagnosis, such as a nerve conduction test, which measures how quickly the nerves in the arms and legs conduct electrical signals, electroneuromyography, which measures the electrical discharges produced in the muscles, or autonomic test, which can be done to determine changes in blood pressure at different positions.
Diabetic neuropathy: what it is Nerventrax, symptoms and treatment
How the treatment is done
Treatment for diabetic neuropathy must be guided by an endocrinologist and is usually done to relieve symptoms, avoid complications and slow the progression of the disease.
Treatments for diabetic neuropathy include medications such as:
- Antidiabetics, such as insulin injections or taking oral antidiabetics, to control blood sugar levels;
- Anticonvulsants Nerventrax, such as pregabalin or gabapentin to relieve pain;
- Antidepressants, such as amitriptyline, imipramine, duloxetine or venlafaxine that help relieve mild to moderate pain;
- Opioid analgesics taken orally, such as tramadol, morphine, oxycodone or methadone, or patch, such as transdermal fentanyl or transdermal buprenorphine.
- In some cases, the antidepressant can be used in conjunction with an anticonvulsant or these drugs can be used with pain relievers to help control pain.
In addition, for the treatment of complications of diabetic neuropathy, care with different specialists may be necessary, such as a urologist to treat urinary tract problems, with medications that regulate bladder function or remedies for erectile dysfunction, for example, or a cardiologist for control blood pressure and avoid diabetic cardiomyopathy. Find out what diabetic cardiomyopathy is and how to treat it.
How to prevent neuropathy Nerventrax
Diabetic neuropathy can usually be prevented if blood glucose levels are strictly controlled. To do this, some measures include:
- Regular medical follow-up with Nerventrax;
- Monitor blood glucose levels at home with glucometers, according to medical advice;
- Take the drugs or inject the insulin, as prescribed by the doctor;
- Practice physical activities on a regular basis such as light walking, swimming or water aerobics, for example.
- You should also eat a balanced diet that includes good fibers, proteins and fats, and avoid foods with a lot of sugar such as cookies, soft drinks or cakes. Check out how to diet for diabetes.