This delicious drink is nutritious and easy to make even on the busiest mornings. Eating bananas regularly helps to improve health and lose weight. This breakfast smoothie:
- Aids in boosting metabolism
- Assists in weight loss
- Helps in maintaining normal body weight.
Banana Berry Main Ingredients
- 1 Whole Banana
- ½ Cup raspberries
- ½ Cup Sliced and Cored Apple
- ½ Cup Fresh Almond Milk
- ½ Cup clean water
- ½ Cup Fresh Strawberries
- ½ Cup Blueberries
In this recipe the main ingredients balance each other nutritionally creating an end result that is tasty and extremely healthy. Before you get to preparation it is important to first understand the benefits of combining these particular ingredients together. Since the main ingredient is the banana here are its nutritional benefits
Do Bananas Make you fat? By understanding the nutritional benefits you will realise that bananas actually help in losing and maintaining a healthy body weight:
Benefits of Banana
Many people confuse banana’s sugar level with cholesterol levels. The banana is sweet because of natural sugar which is harmless to the body. It is completely free from cholesterol.
High Fibre Content
Bananas are packed with soluble fibre which substantially slows down digestion giving you the feeling of fullness for longer. This helps you control your eating habits and also reduces cravings. If you start your day with a meal that includes bananas, you will have a day without hunger pangs or uncontrollable cravings.
Banana is widely misunderstood; many people are falsely made to believe that bananas fatten them. This huge misconception makes them avoid this delicious and nutritious fruit. When added to meals, a banana is healthy, looks good and tastes amazing.
All the ingredients of this yummy smoothie are nutritional powerhouses
- Almond milk though satisfying is low in fat at a mere 2.5 g in a cup. This is because of the high levels of natural fibre which slows down digestion.
- The main benefit of raspberry in this recipe is acting as a vitamin C source. Also known as Ascorbic acid, this vitamin is a safe and effective nutrient. Apart from being water soluble, it is also a powerful antioxidant that strengthens body muscles and blood vessels. This is a rare vitamin because the human body does not naturally generate vitamin C.
- The water is necessary because it helps water down or softens the banana which is naturally heavy. Water is great choice because it has zero fat and zero cholesterol
- Ever heard of an apple a day keeps the doctor away? This ancient Welsh proverb speaks to how healthy the apple is. This special fruit is packed with antioxidants. Consuming superfood rich in antioxidants destroys free radicals which are produced more when a person regularly exercises.
Endurance exercises boost oxygen utilization and this elevates generation of free radicals which enhance tissue and muscle damage. If you exercise regularly antioxidants are helpful
- Strawberry and blueberry are tasty and nutritious. Aside from having a high level of vitamin C, fibre, magnesium and calcium they are still low in calories. ½ a Cup of berries only has a mere 24.5 calories.
PREPARATION METHOD FOR 1 Serving
- Caloric content: 332
- Fat: 3 g
- Fibre: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 77g
- Protein 4g
- Using clean and running water wash the banana, apple, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. Wash thoroughly since fruit-exteriors tend to stick to dirt and germs.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into smaller pieces, freeze the bananas for a minimum of 4hours. Freezing is indispensable because it helps make this banana shake colder and thicker.
- Slice and core the apples to small sizes and then cut all the berries (strawberry, raspberry and blueberry) into halves.
- In a blender, add all the solid ingredients and add in the ½ a Cup of almond milk. Blend for a minute. Add in the ½ cup of water and blend until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Blending consistency is left up to the individual preference of each person while adults can do and even prefer the rough texture kids enjoy the smooth and creamy. The great advantage when it comes to a banana smoothie is the smooth and creamy look and taste of bananas when blended with a combination of almond oil and milk.
Drink this deliciously cold natural snack as breakfast every day. You will have a peaceful day undisturbed by abnormal hunger pangs and uncontrollable cravings.
- It is preferable to drink a freshly made smoothie because you get all the nutritional benefits of all the ingredients inhibited but cold temperature when stored in the refrigerator.
Who benefits most from this smoothie
- A great smoothie for all ages. Great for children who are actively growing because it offers loads of natural sugar so that they can have enough energy to remain active and aid in growth and rejuvenation of growing tissues. While for adults it is a great breakfast smoothie, it is a healthy snack for kids when waiting for a main meals such as lunch or dinner. In adults this recipe has weight loss benefits which help keep your weight in check and also help in shedding the extra stubborn fat.
2. This is a great recipe that you can easily incorporate into a healthy lifestyle that consists of healthy eating and adequate exercise. It helps in healthy eating by helping to curb hanger pangs while also ensuring that your body is in great condition for the energy needed in exercising and the healing needed in the aftermath of exercise. It is also a great recipe if you’re going on a journey and need to avoid the temptation to snack unhealthily along the way.